Thursday, July 12, 2012

Increasingly more difficult as we go

It is getting increasingly more difficult to get in the amount of peanut that Megan needs to eat every day for desensitization. Tonight I decided to crush up her peanut for tomorrows new dose up to see how it goes. The peanut clusters are getting larger and larger each week. I am thinking about taking the crushed up peanuts and Hershey's syrup and give it a go. I will have to say that peanut desensitization is much more difficult and the egg desensitization was due to the quantity factor. If I had one peice of advice for those thinking about desensitization when dealing with multiple anaphylactic food allergies my advice would be to start with something other than peanut because IMO it is so much more taxing than the egg ever was.

No comments:

Post a Comment